Inspired by the very common saying “Spending time in nature is healing energy”, Kshitij provided a platform to spread and increase awareness in the field of Biomimetics. Biomimicry is an approach to innovation that seeks sustainable solutions to human challenges by emulating nature`s time-tested patterns and strategies. It is the conscious emulation of nature`s genius. The challenge posed to the participation teams tested their understanding of nature and the application of the same.
Problem Statement: Click Here
Submission Deadline: 8th January 2020
Submit your abstract to mail ID: [email protected]
Participants are invited to come up with innovative technological solutions to pioneer the domain:
Humans are clever, but without intending to, we have created massive sustainability problems for future generations. Fortunately, solutions to these global challenges are all around us. Biomimicry is an approach to innovation that seeks sustainable solutions to human challenges by emulating nature’s time-tested patterns and strategies. The goal is to create products, processes, and policies—new ways of living—that are well-adapted to life on earth over the long haul for the improving the standard of living in rural areas which are prone to natural disasters due to lack of available resources. The core idea is that nature has already solved many of the problems we are grappling with. Animals, plants, and microbes are the consummate engineers. After billions of years of research and development, failures are fossils, and what surrounds us is the secret to survival.
NOTE: Solutions must be compatible with UNICEF`s goals and policies.
• Individuals or teams from the following categories are allowed:
- Students/research scholars of authorized institutions (students have to show their Valid College ID)
- Early-stage startups or up to 3 years old college pass-outs.
• A team is allowed to have a maximum of 4 members.
• If the participating team feels that their idea requires more participants in their team, they can forward their request, with suitable reasons, to [email protected]
with the subject "Industrial Architecture: Team number increase request".
• The idea presented by the teams should be original (not protected by means of patent/copyright/technical publication by anyone else).