Who are we?
Technology Robotix Society is an official society under the Technology Students' Gymkhana, IIT Kharagpur, and is a focal point for activities and projects related to robotics in the campus. With its reach expanding steadily each year, it has also cemented its position as one of the nerve centres of amateur robotics in India.
What do we do?
We are involved in various initiatives in the field of robotics throughout the year. Our flagship accomplishment is our annual competition ROBOTIX, which is held during KSHITIJ at IIT Kharagpur and is one of the biggest such events in Asia. Every year we have increasingly capable and motivated participants tackling our novel problem statements and thereby inspiring us to organize each year's fest with renewed zeal. Another important agenda of ours is to spread the culture of robotics across India and we do this by organizing and conducting workshops and demonstrations, and in Kharagpur, besides this, by other in-house events too.About Tesseract
Problem Statement: To build an autonomous robot capable of traversing through the arena through a safe and optimized path generated by solving algorithms on data transmitted by RFID cards, to reach the endpoint.
Please visit the website https://2020.robotix.in/event/tesseract/
for more information.
- The robot must fit in a cube of side 20 centimetres with a tolerance of 10% in its dimensions.
- No part/mechanism of/on the bot should exceed the given dimensions before the commencement of the event.
- The distance between each node will be 35 centimetres.
- The dimensions of each node will be 3.5 by 3.5 centimetres.
- The line width is 3.5 centimetres.
- The outer dimensions of the arena will be 200 x 200 cm.
- The dimensions are to be considered with a maximum tolerance of 10%.
RFID Card Specifications:
- Universal readable using 13.56MHz RC522 RFID Reader Sensor.
- “Credit Card” sized plastic white MIFARE RFID Cards with approximate dimensions 82mm x 52mm x 1.4mm.
- Hint: The Bot can use RFID Card UID for distinguishing between different cards.
General Description and Event Setup :
- The arena will be a 5x5 grid, with white lines on a black background.
- Each intersection of white paths, called a node, will have an RFID tag, transmitting integer data.
- Ambush points around a node means ambush points in the nodes in front, behind, left, right of that node (and above or below too for Round 2).
- In Round 1, the arena will have one level, with each node (intersection of white lines) being a safe or an ambush point.
- Round 2 is a virtual arena with two levels stacked one on top of the other, aligning perfectly.
- The data transmitted will be of the format- (number of points of ambush around it on Level 1, number of points of ambush around it on Level 2). For example, 24 at one node means on the 1st level, there are 2 ambush points around it and on the 2nd level, there are 4 ambush points all around it. The start node is safe.
- The maximum possible integer in the above format is 55, 5 ambush points around the node on level 1 and 5 ambush points around the same node on level 2.
Timeouts and Re-runs :
- A maximum of 4 re-runs can be taken. Penalty will be awarded for each re-run and the bot will start from the beginning of the arena. Participants are allowed to make as many changes to the hardware or software as they want.
- A timeout can only be taken in case of a genuine technical fault in the robot. The bot will continue from the same point in that case without making any changes to the hardware or software. Team ROBOTIX can refuse a timeout if the reason does not sound genuine enough, and their decision will be binding and final.